Devi Charan Barua Girls’ College was established in the year 1955 and the Department of Political Science has been in existence since the very beginning of the College. Mr. Satish Chandra Rajkhowa was the founder of the Department. The honours classes of the Department were started in 1963. Prof. Basanta Kr. Baruah, Dr. Phoni Gogoi, Dr. Deepa Dutta, Prof. Probin Barua, Prof. Loknath Upadhyaya, Dr. Nilima Sarmah were some renowned teachers who were permanent faculty members of this Department and served till their retirement. We acknowledged the extra-ordinary services and contributions of these teachers to this Department. At present (in 2017) the department has five permanent faculty members.
From the year 2016 we have introduced Post-Graduate Classes in our Department under Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, Assam. The regular classes of Post Graduate section is going on regularly.
Vision of the Department
The prime vision of the department is to impart quality education to the girls students by focusing in political science. Along with academic improvement we paid emphasis on personality development of the students and make them conscious about the responsibilities towards the society and the nation. We also work for empowering them with moral values, quality leadership and social service.
Current Faculty Members
Click on the images to view profiles
Mr. Bijoy Krishna Borah M.A., SLET, Associate Professor, H.O.D.
Ms. Jyotshna Hazarika M.A., M.Phil., Assistant Professor