- Regular students will be preferred for admission. However irregular students may also be admitted subject to submission of gap certificate from competent authority.
- Students seeking admission in reserved category must produce caste certificate in original issued by competent authority at the time of admission.
- Right of admission into Core or Major subjects will be at the sole direction of the College authority.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION:
The Application form along with prospectus for different courses of study can be obtained on payment of Rs. 100/- (for new students) Rs. 50 (for old students) by cash or Demand Draft or by cross Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of "THE PRINCIPAL, D. C. B. GIRLS' COLLEGE, JORHAT", payable at Jorhat.
Applicants must go through the prospectus carefully before filling up the application forms.
Students securing minimum 40% marks or above are eligible for admission under general category. Students with minimum 38% are eligible for admission under reserved categories.
- Hostel accomodation is provided strictly on merit basis and preference is given to students coming from far off places.
- Old hostel boarders must take hostel admission on the day of admission, failing which their hostel seats may stand forfeited.
GENERAL RULES FOR ADMISSION:
- Applications for admission must be submitted in the prescribed form in the college office within the fixed dates.
- For admission to the Higher Secondary first year class, a student must have passed the High School Leaving Certificate Examination or equivalent examination from a recognised board of India.
- For admission to the B.A./ B.Sc. first year class, a student must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from a recognised Board or Council.
- Admission is purely on merit basis. However students with good sports background (representing at district level and above) are given preference.
- Relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC/PH students subject to their submission of relevant certificates from competent authority.
- Date(s) of Interview / admission are notified on the college notice board and in the college website. Students selected for admission have to produce the following documents at the time of admission.
- Original mark-sheet and certificate of the last examination passed.
- A certificate of good conduct from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Admission fees once deposited is not refundable.
- Reservation of seats - as per norms of the Government of Assam.
- Candidates are selected on merit basis.
- Students of T.D.C. 2nd year and 3rd year classes must take admission on specified dates as notified by the college authority, failing which a late fine of Rs. 200.00/- will be imposed.
- College authority will not be respinsible for any wrong statement of facts whatsoever given by the candidates in their aadmission forms.
D.C.B. Girls College
K.K. Baruah Road, Jorhat
- Admission Procudure
- Rules and Regulations
- Scholarships and Awards
- Health Care
- Library Facilities
- Other Facilities
© 2018 All Rights Reserved
D.C.B. Girls College
Designed by COMIT IT Solution